UBS To Launch New Luxury Travel Rewards Card
In an attempt to compete with JPMorgan and American Express , Swiss financial services company USB will introduce a new luxury travel rewards credit card. The UBS Visa Infinite card, which launches this Saturday, will replace its current Preferred Visa Signature card.
While the credit card has a $495 annual fee, cardholders receive several perks. New cardmembers earn 25,000 points once they spend $3,000 in the first three months. The company estimates cardholders could enjoy over $4,000 worth of rewards if they spend $100,000 a year on their card.
Travel benefits include:
- A $250 yearly statement credit for airline fees, such as checked bags
- No foreign transaction fees
- 24/7 concierge assistance
- Access to over 1,000 airport lounges worldwide and a $500 credit toward an annual airport club membership or an airport club day pass
- Upgrades at a any Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection and special amenities at select Fairmont, Park Hyatt and Ritz-Carlton properties
- Free Gogo Wi-Fi on 12 flight segments each year
- $100 application credit for TSA PreCheck or Global Entry
Cardholders earn three points for every $1 spent on air travel, two points for gas and grocery purchases, and one point for all other purchases. Points can be redeemed for statement credits, or 35,000 points can be used to cover the annual fee. Points can also be used online for airfare, hotels, cruises, shopping and gift cards.