See What Credit Cards These 10 Big Name Celebrities Are Using
Celebrities have a nice life. When they aren’t filming television shows or movies, or attending fabulous parties and award presentation, their wealth allows them to surround themselves with incredible luxury. But just like us, they don’t carry around a lot of cash all the time, so many use their credit card to make purchases. They just probably use it a lot more than we do.
And what’s really amazing is that many celebrities use the same credit cards that we do. Here are 10 big name celebrities and the credit cards they are reportedly using:
1. Barack Obama. Our 44th President was frequently filmed making purchases during his eight years in office, and sharp-eyed observers were able to figure out which credit card he was using. The card he used was a J.P. Morgan Select card, which at the time was available to members of the Chase Private Client program. But in late 2016, cardholders were notified that this card would be discontinued, and they would receive a rather ordinary Chase Sapphire Preferred card.
2. Oprah Winfrey. The queen of talk is known to carry an American Express Centurion Card, which is only available to those who are invited. And in case you’re wondering, it has a $7,500 initiation fee and a $2,500 annual membership fee, so this isn’t exactly a card for ordinary people.
3. Eva Longoria. Not every celebrity has to show off their bling by having a super-duper unobtainable credit card. Eva Longoria is known to carry a plain old American Express Green card, which is an iconic product that has been around for decades. This card has a $95 annual fee that is waived the first year.
4. Gisele Bündchen. Like many foreign celebrities, this Brazilian supermodel, who is Mrs. Tom Brady, is known to carry an American Express Red Card, which isn’t offered in the United States. On your first 5,000 GBP spent, this card will donate amount equal to 1% of your purchases, and 1.25% on your charges above that amount. However, this card is reportedly no longer offered to new applicants.
5. Tyra Banks. Like so many other Americans, it appears Tyra has several cards that she uses for different purposes. This supermodel has been reported to carry the Chase Slate card, which is a very simple card designed to help people who are in debt. However, she’s also been reported to carry an American Express Green card and a Business Gold Rewards card.
6. Senator Marco Rubio. This Florida Senator and 2016 presidential candidate got in a bit of trouble when he used his Corporate American Express card for some of his personal expenses. The card was issued to the Republican Party of Florida, and was only to be used for official business. When his personal use of the card was revealed, it created a minor scandal and he eventually reimbursed the part for his charges.
7. Samuel L. Jackson. This prolific actor is also a spokesman for Capital One, so it is a pretty safe bet that he carries one of their cards. Recently, he’s been in commercials promoting the Quicksilver card, which currently offers a $100 cash bonus when new applicants spend $500 on their card within three months of account opening. This card also offers 1.5% cash back on all purchases with no limit, and has no annual fee.
8. Alec Baldwin. This actor is famous for so many classic roles, but he used to be seen in the commercials promoting the Capital One Venture Rewards card, so we have to assume he’s a cardmember. This card offers new applicants 40,000 bonus miles after making $3,000 in purchases within 90 days of account opening. When used for spending, it offers double miles on all purchases, and each mile is worth one cent as statement credits towards travel reservations. There is a $59 annual fee for this card that is waived the first year, and no foreign transaction fees.
9. Tina Fey. This Saturday Night Live star was chosen by American Express to endorse their Amex Everyday and Amex Everyday Preferred cards, because she was seen as representing the busy parents these cards were designed for. The standard Amex Everyday card offers 2x points at supermarkets, plus a 20% points bonus each statement period in which you make 20 or more transactions. New applicants also get 10,000 bonus points after making $1,000 in new purchases within three months of account opening. There is no annual fee for this card. The Everyday Preferred card, offers new cardholders 15,000 bonus points after making $1,000 in new purchases within three months of account opening. It features 3x points at supermarkets and 2x points at gas stations, as well as a 50% points bonus each statement period that you make 30 or more transactions. There is a $95 annual fee for this card.
10. Clark Howard. This personal finance expert gives his advice frequently on television and radio, and he was seen recently at an Atlanta Costco using his Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi, of course. This card offers 4% cash back on eligible gas for the first $7,000 per year and then 1% thereafter. You get 3% cash back on restaurants and eligible travel purchases, 2% cash back on all other purchases from Costco and Costco.com 1% cash back everywhere else. There is no annual fee for this card with your paid Costco membership.