Mastercard and Apple Music Team Up for Priceless Cities Soundtracks
Mastercard and Apple Music have teamed up to add a soundtrack to your summer travels. As a part of Mastercard’s Priceless Cities program, Apple Music will offer experience soundtracks featuring artists from the target city. The program will start in Toronto and Montreal and feature well-known Canadian artists and music influencers.
“Every experience has a soundtrack, and we want to help our cardholders find the music that makes a great experience even better,” said Milos Vranesevic, senior vice president of marketing and communications in Canada at Mastercard. “Apple Music is the right music streaming service for playlists that will connect people through music and neighbourhoods to a one-of-a-kind experience.”
The Toronto soundtrack, which can be previewed on priceless.com/applemusic, will have playlists curated by:
- Keshia Chanté, a Toronto native who is considered one of Canada’s most versatile artists. Her new album is scheduled for release later this year, and she hosts “106 & Park,” an iconic Canadian music show.
- Lana Gay, the afternoon host of Indie88 in Toronto, focuses on independent Canadian music and the arts.
- Dean Brody, a country artist with 13 Canadian Country Music Awards and two Junos.
In Montreal, the soundtracks have been curated by:
- The Dears, a band who emerged from the Canadian indie renaissance in 2000 with their orchestral-pop-noir album End of a Hollywood Bedtime Story.
- David McMillan, owner of Montreal restaurant Joe Beef. He believes restaurants are an extension of our homes and that music is a key ingredient in creating the right atmosphere.
Starting this week, new playlists will be released every other week until the end of 2017.
Only Mastercard members can access the Priceless Cities experiences in the 46 Priceless Cities around the world. The company has not announced whether all cities will eventually have a playlist.