Credit Cards for Limited/No Credit
These credit cards are for people that have limited or no credit history. Limited or no credit history means you do not have any established credit, either good or bad. If you have bad credit, we have a selection of cards for you on our bad credit page.
Each card below contains our editor’s rating and objective opinion. Most of the credit card offers shown below are from our advertising partners, however LowCards editors have reviewed each of the features and benefits of the cards below and sorted them in order of our editor’s opinion:
There are pros and cons to selecting a credit card designed for limited and no credit. First and foremost, these cards offer those with no credit profile or limited credit profiles a way to have access to a credit card or prepaid card. Many of these cards, with proper usage, will positively report to the major credit card bureaus to help you establish and build a credit history and stronger credit score over time. These cards, however, often will come at the expense of less perks and features, higher rates and fees, and are not always a good long term solution. We recommend using these cards as a stepping stone to build your credit, then graduating to a card designed for those with fair or poor credit profiles based on your new score.
You should only choose a credit card for limited or no credit if you truly have a limited or have no credit profile. Those with poor, fair, good, or excellent credit should choose an appropriate card for their credit profile. If you do have limited or no credit, these cards will help you have a card to utilize and build your credit over the next year, which will then open the door to additional credit card options for you as you better establish your credit history and score.
LowCards provides a large selection of the best credit cards designed for those with limited or no credit history. In evaluating the cards, we recommend you choose a card which reports to the major credit bureaus and has the lowest possible on-going fees and lowest APR. We also recommend using your card each month for purchases and paying it off in full each month. This will help you establish a payment history, which will help build your credit profile and credit score, and will also help you minimize interest and fees.
- Pay no annual fee
- Get access to a higher credit line after making your first 5 monthly payments on time
- Fraud coverage if your card is lost or stolen
- No Annual Fee, earn cash back, and build your credit with responsible use.
- It’s a real credit card. You can build a credit history with the three major credit bureaus. Generally, debit and prepaid cards can’t help you build a credit history.
- Establish your credit line by providing a refundable security deposit of at least $200 after being approved. Bank information must be provided when submitting your deposit.
- Get the security and convenience of a full-feature, unsecured Visa® Credit Card – accepted at millions of merchant and ATM locations nationwide and online
- Reporting monthly to all three major credit reporting agencies
- Perfect credit not required for approval; we may approve you when others won’t
- With Netspend Direct Deposit, you can get paid faster than a paper check.
- No Overdraft Fees on Card purchases.
- No late fees or interest charges because this is not a credit card.
- Checking Account Required
- Fast and easy application process; response provided in seconds
- A genuine Visa® card accepted by merchants nationwide across the USA and online
- Instant $500 Credit Line*
- No Credit Check
- Fast Online Application
- Bad Credit – OK
*See Terms & Conditions for Details
- See if you are Pre-Qualified in less than 60 seconds without harming your credit score.
- Credit Line Range $550 – $1,250, Doubling to $1,100 – $2,500.
- Double Your Line by making at least your minimum payment on time each month for the first 7 months your account is open. After you make your payments, the increase is automatic.
- Credit lines available from $200 to $5,000! Super Low Fixed 9.99% interest rate on purchases – with no penalty rate!
- No minimum credit score requirements! We invite all credit types to apply! No processing or application fees!
- Helps strengthen your credit with responsible card use. Reports to three national bureaus
- No annual fee, and all the credit building benefits with responsible card use
- Unlike a prepaid card, it builds credit when used responsibly, with regular reporting to the 3 major credit bureaus
- Access to an authorized bank account is required to make your $49, $99 or $200 refundable security deposit
- Unsecured credit line increases – After the first year, your account will be regularly reviewed for credit line increases with no additional security deposit required.
- Monthly FICO® Score for free – get your updated FICO® Score each month when it is provided to us from the credit bureau.
- Build your credit – performance is reported to all three major credit bureaus, unlike a prepaid card.
- All credit types welcome to apply!
- Monthly reporting to the three major credit bureaus
- Initial Credit Limit of $400.00!* (subject to available credit)
- No fees whatsoever. No late fee, international fee, annual fee, or any-other-kind-of-fee, fee
- Up to 1.5% cash back after making 12 on-time monthly payments
- Variable APRs 14.49% – 25.49%