JetBlue and Barclaycard Unveil New JetBlue MasterCards
Today, JetBlue and Barclaycard announced the launch of three new JetBlue MasterCard credit cards, which will compliment JetBlue’s TrueBlue loyalty program.
“We wanted to put the award-winning JetBlue experience in our customers’ wallets,” said Jamie Perry, vice president, marketing, JetBlue. “It’s simple; customers want to earn flights more quickly. With our new card, you’re able to earn points toward your trip and get there even faster than you think.”
Cardmembers will enjoy the benefits of JetBlue’s TrueBlue program, which provides no blackout dates on JetBlue flights and unlimited points. Additionally, families can pool points, and the points never expire.
Barclaycard will provide JetBlue customers with enhanced chip card security and wider card acceptance.
“Today’s consumer is looking to take their travel and spending further,” said Michael Cyr, group executive, U.S. Market Development, MasterCard. “The new JetBlue offerings provide cardmembers benefits that not only save them time and money when they travel but also help them earn rewards faster while providing them access to exclusive offers and benefits only available with a MasterCard.”
JetBlue is offering three new cards, which all include the following features:
- No foreign transaction fees
- 50% savings on inflight purchases, such as movies, drinks and food
- Chip card security
- $0 Fraud Liability protection
Through MasterCard, cardholders will also receive the following benefits:
- 24/7 concierge service to make reservations and find gifts
- Purchase Security, Trip Cancellation and Interruption Insurance
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- A 24/7 ID theft helpline
Specific features differ among the three new cards.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days
- 3 points for every $1 spent on JetBlue purchases, 2 points for every $1 spent at restaurants and grocery stores, and 1 point per $1 on all other purchases
- No annual fee
JetBlue Plus Card
This card has a $99 annual fee and includes the following benefits:
- Earn 30,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 on purchases within the first 90 days
- Earn 6 points per $1 on JetBlue purchases, 2 points per $1 at restaurants and grocery stores and 1 point per $1 on all other purchases
- No blackout dates on JetBlue-operated flights & redeem for any seat, any time on JetBlue-operated flights. Points required for an Award Flight will vary based on the published base fare at the time of booking
- Points awarded in your TrueBlue account don’t expire.
- Earn and share points together with Family Pooling
- Earn 5,000 bonus points every year after your account anniversary
- 50% savings on eligible inflight purchases like cocktails and food & the primary cardmember’s first checked bag is free on JetBlue-operated flights
- Enjoy TrueBlue Mosaic benefits for one year after you spend $50,000 or more on purchases each calendar year with your card
- Enjoy a $100 statement credit after purchasing a JetBlue Vacations package of $100 or more with your JetBlue Plus Card
JetBlue Business Card
This card includes all of the benefits of the JetBlue Plus Card, but it also has special perks, such as embossed business name, employee cards, employee account controls, individual online statements, a consolidated annual report, download to business software, Global Assistance Services and an ID theft helpline. The annual fee is $99.
Members who currently have the JetBlue Card from American Express will receive their new MasterCard in mid-March, and can begin using the new card on March 21, 2016.