E la Carte Unveils New Secure Pay-at-Table Terminal
Point-of-sale terminals have migrated from behind a counter to areas throughout restaurants and stores. In the latest move to give diners a more convenient and secure payment experience, E la Carte unveiled the PrestoPrime EMV Terminal, a next generation product which gives restaurant patrons a secure pay-at-table experience.
E la Carte’s current system already operates in more than 1,800 eateries in the United States, and this updated version will offer diners:
- The only pay-at-table terminal with dual processors and a securely partitioned payment module, which means diners will be treated to a fast and safe transaction. The terminal will also support third party apps, premium content and integration with other devices.
- A keypad so PINs can be entered easily and securely. Using your PIN to pay for a transaction reduces payment transaction costs and makes the payment more secure.
- Chip-and-PIN and Chip-and-Signature functionality.
- Contactless mobile payments that work with Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay. There will also be a QR code reader and camera.
- “Store and Forward” capability, which allows guests to pay even if the restaurant loses Internet connectivity or power.
“Brick-and-mortar payments and security requirements have changed dramatically in the last 5 years. We wanted to take a leadership role in helping our partners navigate these volatile waters, while also generating direct operating benefits that offer a real hard dollar ROI to recoup their investment,” said Raj Suri, CEO and founder of E la Carte. “Combining robust security with a frictionless user experience, PrestoPrime EMV sets the bar as the best tabletop platform available to restaurant operators.”