Discover Pushes the New “it” Card
Discover is now heavily promoting a new credit card that it introduced last summer. The Discover it card is being advertised during the college bowl games as a friendlier card with low fees.
The card is a good choice for consumers with lower fees, payment flexibility, and rewards that are an improvement over the Discover More card. It has a metallic finish with the name and account number on the back of the card.
The card has a 0% introductory interest rate for 14 months on both purchases and balance transfers. At the end of this introductory period, the APR is 10.99% to 20.99%.
The Discover it card offers 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in purchases in categories that change each quarter. The January-March period pays extra on restaurant and movie purchases. The Discover it card is a better choice than the Discover More card since the initial payout is slightly more lucrative. The it card pays 1% on all purchases from the very first transaction where the More card pays a smaller 0.25% on the first $3,000 in annual purchases.
Here are some other features of the new Discover it card:
- No annual fee.
- No late fee after the first late payment.
- No increase in APR after late payment.
- No fee for paying your bill by phone.
- No over-the-limit fee.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- Pay with rewards for items purchased at Amazon.com.
- Pay your bill until midnight on the day that it is due.
- Have the ability to talk to a U.S.-based customer service representative at any time.
- Choose your payment due date.