Boston Joins MasterCard’s Priceless Cities Program
MasterCard has launched Priceless Boston, which will allow cardholders to enjoy special activities in Boston, such as attending a meet and greet with baseball legend David Ortiz, taking pizza-making classes with Chef Ken Oringer and meeting conductor Keith Lockhart at a Boston Pops concert.
Boston is the seventh U.S. city to join the MasterCard Priceless Cities program, which was launched in New York in 2011 and was designed to give cardholders one-of-a-kind experiences and exclusive access to events.
“Priceless Boston was created to celebrate the best Boston has to offer, from its highly celebrated sports teams, to its world-class education and arts programs, rich history, and delicious cuisine,” said Raja Rajamannar, chief marketing officer, MasterCard. “From North End to South End, we are working with our partners to bring our cardholders that live in or visit the city one-of-a kind experiences about which they are passionate.”
This year’s events include:
- A Red Sox player meet-and-greet, VIP pre-game tour, premium game tickets and one inning inside the Green Monster.
- Tickets to the Boston Ballet’s presentation of Mikko Nissinen’s Swan Lake, backstage access and more.
- The opportunity to walk inside the ropes with PGA pro golfers at the Deutsche Bank Championship.
- A hands-on sushi-making class with Chef Ken Oringer at Uni.
- An after-hours tour of the Samuel Adams Brewery, which includes access to the barrel room and specialty beer tastings.
- A space exploration experience at the Charles Hayden Planetarium at the Museum of Science with a former NASA astronaut.
“I’m proud to be partnering with MasterCard to help launch their Priceless campaign in Boston. This city has embraced me and my family for the past 14 years and I’m proud to call Boston home,” said David Ortiz, Boston Red Sox player and Priceless Boston launch partner. “I’ve experienced so many of my greatest memories here and I’m now excited to be able to share some of the Priceless experiences this city has to offer with you.”