AmEx and Marriott Release the Starwood Preferred Guest Luxury Card
Marriott and American Express announced the Starwood Preferred Guest Luxury Card is now available. The card was first unveiled in April as a tribute to the “most premium and often-traveling, globetrotting” credit card users.
The Luxury Card comes with a hefty $450 annual fee, the same as the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card.
Benefits of the card include:
- 6 points per $1 spent at participating Marriot Rewards and SPG hotels
- 3 points per $1 spent at restaurants and on direct-flight bookings
- 2 points per $1 spent everywhere else
- $300 annual statement credits for SPG and Marriott Rewards hotels
- 1 free night for each anniversary
The card’s rates and fees include an APR of 17.49% to 26.49% for purchases and balance transfers, no over-limit fee and no foreign transaction fee.
Since Marriott and SPG unified their rewards programs, users have mixed feelings about the new tier structures. Many members saw an increase in rewards after the merger, but some existing SPG cardholders reported a drop in rewards.