American Express Opens New Luxury Lounge for Travelers
This newest lounge, which is the second in Texas and the seventh in the United States, is located in Terminal D and provides 8,500 square feet for cardholders.
Amenities in the lounge include:
- A light, Houston-inspired menu created by Chef Justin Yu, a James Beard Award winner
- A complimentary full bar with beverages designed by Jim Meehan
- Wine selected by Anthony Giglio
- A custom art installation by Patrick Renner, a Houston artist who was inspired by the city’s Trumpet Flower sculpture
- Noise-buffering workspaces for business travelers with power outlets and private phone areas, and a family room with a computer bar, tranquility area and access to high-speed Wi-Fi
The lounge is open from 5:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. every day for consumer, business and corporate Platinum and Centurion card members and up to two traveling companions. Other American Express card members can purchase a one-day pass for $50.
“Our Card Members travel across the country and around the world, and Houston is an important hub and a gateway to many international destinations,” said Janey Whiteside, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Global Charge Products and Benefits, American Express. “We’ve been steadily growing The Centurion Lounge Network in the places our Card Members travel most as we aim to make travel more seamless and enjoyable. For The Centurion Lounge in IAH, we wanted to create a memorable travel experience intrinsic to Houston’s culture with locally-inspired art, food and drink.”