U.S. Bank Offers Business Owners Access to MasterCard's Business Network
Late last week, U.S. Bank announced it would be the first bank in the county to give its small business customers access to MasterCard’s Business Network. The Network is a customized, consolidated website that provides special offers, advice and tools to help small businesses become more efficient and effective.
U.S. Bank also launched Payment Controls, which makes it easier for small business owners to manage how, when and where their employees use their business credit cards. The cards can be limited by time of day, day of the week, merchant or transaction type and/or dollar amount. Business owners can opt to receive alerts when certain types of transactions are made.
U.S. Bank will also be offering three new business credit cards:
- U.S. Bank Business Edge™ Cash Rewards World Elite™ MasterCard®
- U.S. Bank World Elite™ MasterCard® Company Card
- U.S. Bank MasterCard® Community Card
Small business owners using any of these cards will also have access to tools from U.S. Bank and MasterCard:
- MasterCard EasySavings, a rebate program that requires no coupons, codes or fee. Cardholders need only register and shop at participating merchants. They will automatically receive the rebate on their monthly U.S. Bank credit card statement.
- U.S. Bank Connect, a free online community and resource center to help business owners start, run and grow their company.
- U.S. Bank MasterPass Wallet, a digital wallet that makes online shopping safer and more convenient.
“The annual Small Business Survey from U.S. Bank indicates small business owners want services that help them efficiently manage their finances,” said Cathi Stanton, senior vice president for U.S. Bank Retail Payment Solutions. “The new MasterCard Business Network and Payment Controls from U.S. Bank are a response to what our customers have told us they need.”
“The MasterCard Business Network was created from the feedback of hundreds of small- and mid-sized businesses. It focuses on their opportunities and challenges including minimizing costs, getting more out of a day’s time and engaging with new and existing customers. We are thrilled that U.S. Bank will help get this important toolkit and Payment Controls into the hands of people who will benefit the most, local business owners,” said Eugene DeSilva, senior vice president, commercial products, MasterCard.