These secured credit cards require some form of "security deposit" to be issued a card. They are a great building block for those with bad or no credit, and many report to the major credit bureaus.
Each card below contains our editor’s rating and objective opinion. Most of the credit card offers shown below are from our advertising partners, however LowCards editors have reviewed each of the features and benefits of the cards below and sorted them in order of our editor’s opinion:
- No annual fee, and all the credit building benefits with responsible card use
- Unlike a prepaid card, it builds credit when used responsibly, with regular reporting to the 3 major credit bureaus
- You will get an initial $200 credit line after making a security deposit of $49, $99, or $200, determined based on your creditworthiness
- No Annual Fee, and unlike a prepaid card, it helps build credit history with monthly notifications to the credit bureaus
- A security deposit is required for this product (minimum $200)
- Pay your bill on time every month to avoid damaging your credit. Citi can help keep you on track with Auto Pay, online Bill Pay and alerts.
- Low fixed interest rates with no penalty rate!
- Reports to all three nationwide credit bureaus
- Fast, easy application process
- Better than Prepaid…Go with a Secured Card! Load One Time – Keep On Using
- Absolutely No Credit Check or Minimum Credit Score Required
- Automatic Reporting to All Three National Credit Bureaus
- No credit check necessary to apply. OpenSky believes in giving an opportunity to everyone.
- The refundable* deposit you provide becomes your credit line limit on your Visa card. Choose it yourself, from as low as $200.
- Build credit quickly. OpenSky reports to all 3 major credit bureaus.