These secured credit cards require some form of "security deposit" to be issued a card. They are a great building block for those with bad or no credit, and many report to the major credit bureaus.
Each card below contains our editor’s rating and objective opinion. Most of the credit card offers shown below are from our advertising partners, however LowCards editors have reviewed each of the features and benefits of the cards below and sorted them in order of our editor’s opinion:
- No annual fee, and all the credit building benefits with responsible card use
- Unlike a prepaid card, it builds credit when used responsibly, with regular reporting to the 3 major credit bureaus
- You will get an initial $200 credit line after making a security deposit of $49, $99, or $200, determined based on your creditworthiness
- No Annual Fee, and unlike a prepaid card, it helps build credit history with monthly notifications to the credit bureaus
- A security deposit is required for this product (minimum $200)
- Pay your bill on time every month to avoid damaging your credit. Citi can help keep you on track with Auto Pay, online Bill Pay and alerts.
- Credit lines available from $200 to $5,000! Super Low Fixed 9.99% interest rate on purchases – with no penalty rate!
- No minimum credit score requirements! We invite all credit types to apply! No processing or application fees!
- Perfect card for establishing or re-establishing credit. Reports monthly to all three national credit bureaus
- Build Your Credit fast with our monthly reporting to all 3 major credit bureaus.
- Choose your credit line as low as $200 up to $3000, secured by a fully-refundable* security deposit.
- Security deposit needs to be submitted before the credit card can be issued.
- No credit check necessary and no checking account required; apply in less than 5 minutes.
- *View our Cardholder Agreement located at the bottom of the application page for details of the card.