JetBlue and Barclaycard Unveil New JetBlue MasterCards
Today, JetBlue and Barclaycard announced the launch of three new JetBlue MasterCard credit cards, which will compliment JetBlue’s TrueBlue loyalty program.
“We wanted to put the award-winning JetBlue experience in our customers’ wallets,” said Jamie Perry, vice president, marketing, JetBlue. “It’s simple; customers want to earn flights more quickly. With our new card, you’re able to earn points toward your trip and get there even faster than you think.”
Cardmembers will enjoy the benefits of JetBlue’s TrueBlue program, which provides no blackout dates on JetBlue flights and unlimited points. Additionally, families can pool points, and the points never expire.
Barclaycard will provide JetBlue customers with enhanced chip card security and wider card acceptance.
“Today’s consumer is looking to take their travel and spending further,” said Michael Cyr, group executive, U.S. Market Development, MasterCard. “The new JetBlue offerings provide cardmembers benefits that not only save them time and money when they travel but also help them earn rewards faster while providing them access to exclusive offers and benefits only available with a MasterCard.”
JetBlue is offering three new cards, which all include the following features:
- No foreign transaction fees
- 50% savings on inflight purchases, such as movies, drinks and food
- Chip card security
- $0 Fraud Liability protection
Through MasterCard, cardholders will also receive the following benefits:
- 24/7 concierge service to make reservations and find gifts
- Purchase Security, Trip Cancellation and Interruption Insurance
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- A 24/7 ID theft helpline
Specific features differ among the three new cards.
- For a limited time, customers will earn 10,000 points after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days
- 3 points for every $1 spent on JetBlue purchases, 2 points for every $1 spent at restaurants and grocery stores, and 1 point per $1 on all other purchases
- No annual fee
JetBlue Plus Card
This card has a $99 annual fee and includes the following benefits:
- 30,000 points after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days
- 6 points for every $1 spent on JetBlue purchases, 2 points for every $1 spent at restaurants and grocery stores, and 1 point per $1 on all other purchases
- Free checked bag for primary cardholder and up to 3 companions
- Access to Mosaic benefits after spending $50,000 or more annually
- 10% of points back when they are used towards the next redemption
- $100 statement credit after purchasing a JetBlue Getaways vacation package of $100 or more (available once a year)
- MasterCard World Elite Travel Services
JetBlue Business Card
This card includes all of the benefits of the JetBlue Plus Card, but it also has special perks, such as embossed business name, employee cards, employee account controls, individual online statements, a consolidated annual report, download to business software, Global Assistance Services and an ID theft helpline. The annual fee is $99.
Members who currently have the JetBlue Card from American Express will receive their new MasterCard in mid-March, and can begin using the new card on March 21, 2016.