- Introductory Rate: 0% Intro on Purchases and Balance Transfers until August 2014
- APR (Purchases): 10.9% - 18.9% (V)
- APR (Cash Advances): 24.9% (V)
- Annual Fee: $0
- Grace Period: 25 days
- Late Payment Fee: Up to $35
- Over-The-Limit Fee: Up to $29
- Cash Advance Fee: 3% of the amount of the cash advance, but not less than $10
- Balance Transfer Fee: 3%
- Points per Dollar: No rewards program
- Additional Points: No rewards program
- Point Details: See Terms
- Expiration: No rewards program
- Yearly Limit: No rewards program
The Capital One® Platinum Prestige Credit Card is a fantastic no annual fee credit card with low interest rates and a solid option for those looking to transfer a balance from a higher interest credit card. This card is consistently picked as one of the top low interest credit cards by the LowCards.com editors.
We've also prepared a short video review for this card due to it's popularity. Below you will find our full review of the card along with the key advantages and disadvantages of the Capital One® Platinum Prestige Credit Card.
Key Features Of The Capital One® Platinum Prestige Credit Card
- Introductory & Ongoing APR: This card offers a 0% introductory APR until August 2014 on both balance transfers and purchases. Then, the ongoing interest rate can be as low as 10.9%
- No Annual Fees: Many cards have annual fees of $75 or more, however the Capital One® Platinum Prestige card has no annual fee.
- High Minimum Credit Line: This card offers a $500 minimum credit line which is higher than a number of other cards.
- International Transactions: There are no no fees for international transactions with the Capital One® Platinum Prestige Credit Card.
3 Main Advantages
- Card Benefits: Benefits with the Capital One® Platinum Prestige Credit Card include extended warranties for purchases, auto rental insurance, 24-hour roadside assistance, auto rental insurance and travel accident insurance.
- Long Intro Period: Enjoy a long introductory period of 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers, until August 2014.
- No International Fees/No Annual Fees: There are no annual fees or international transaction fees with this card.
3 Main Disadvantages
- Designed For Higher Credit: This card is targeted for consumers with excellent credit. If you have a lower credit rating, you may not be approved.
- Balance Transfer Fee: There is a 3% balance transfer fee and cash advance fee.
- No Rewards: This card does not have a rewards program. If you are looking for earn cash back or airline miles, you should select another card.
Editor's Final Word
If you're looking for a credit card with a very attractive introductory interest rate and a relatively low ongoing APR, this is a very good card. You must have a good or excellent credit score to be approved. In addition, the card offers no rewards and there is a balance transfer fee. However with no annual fee, this card is a fantastic option to save money and avoid the high interest rates on other cards.Apply Now